Mason was sick with a little cold for about a week. We put a humidifier in his room and he seemed to get better quickly. On Saturday, I went to do baskets while the boys stayed home. Jason said Mace was playing for a little while and seemed normal. Jason checked his email and then went to check on Mason. He was sitting on the floor holding a football. Just staring at it. Not moving. He went downhill from there. Jason was able to just hold him and cuddle him. Sweet but very unusual for our boy. By the time I got home his temperature was crazy high. He'd never been sick like this before, so I didn't know that a high fever can change little kid's breathing so much. Poor Mason was taking short, fast, gaspy little breaths.
We went straight to InstaCare and were seen right away. His temp was 104.6! The doc said his ears and lungs were fine, but there was a infection somewhere that was making him so sick. We got an antibiotic and went home for a large dose of TLC. All of Saturday and Sunday were spent holding him while he slept. I've always admitted that I like when kids get cuddly when they are sick. Well, I didn't like this illness at all. Too scary.

(I have a morbid fascination with zombies. He makes me so proud :))
We went straight to InstaCare and were seen right away. His temp was 104.6! The doc said his ears and lungs were fine, but there was a infection somewhere that was making him so sick. We got an antibiotic and went home for a large dose of TLC. All of Saturday and Sunday were spent holding him while he slept. I've always admitted that I like when kids get cuddly when they are sick. Well, I didn't like this illness at all. Too scary.
(I have a morbid fascination with zombies. He makes me so proud :))
He's doing a lot better now. I am thankful I live in a time where the doctors are easily accessible and the drugs are too. I knew he was going to be okay when he woke up enough to walk on his own. Then he kept asking to go "out". I bundled us up in coats and blankets and walked up and down our street. Then he asked to "dip" so I got out the cookies and milk. Finally he asked to brush his teeth. If he wants "out", "dip" and clean teeth I think he'll be just fine.
(Yes, he has two tooth brushes and MUST use them both)



4 comments:
I'm glad he's feeling better!! And those pictures of him brushing his teeth are too cute.
Sarah had a similar thing that started on friday...glad he is better and I agree, him brushing his teeth are adorable!
I am glad he is feeling better!
My favorite part is the hat he's wearing in the last photo while brushing :) I need to bring Brianna over while he's brushing so she learns that it's fun.
Post a Comment