Most kids have hit this stage long ago. I was hoping we could just skip over it. Oh well.
The cute thing is that he says it "MOE". It cracks me up. And he says it so seriously. Picture him shaking his head with big serious eyes saying "Moe!"
MOE is also the sound he says for MORE. Things are starting to get really confusing. Do you want more apple? MOE. I'm baffled. Was that NO or MORE???
Luckily he signs so I can ask him to show me with his hands. But MORE and SHOES in sign language is pretty close. And since he always wants to go outside, he is often asking for his shoes.
Speaking of shoes he found his old flip flops from last summer. I found him walking around the house like this today.
I'm all about letting him make lots of decisions and letting him choose what he wears. But this? This is where I draw the line.And speaking of drawing the line, he's learning I have a soft spot. When I go to put him down for a nap or for bed at night we read a few books. If he asks for another book I'll read another. So lately when he realizes he's headed for bed he reallyreallyreally wants to read. I try to limit the procrastination and have resorted to letting him take one (ok...one or two) with him to bed. This makes for a crowded crib. Two dolls, a fake doll bottle, a dog, a giraffe, a blanket, his pillow, some books, plus random toys that he likes to throw in there during the day. This morning Jason went to get him and found Mace quietly reading in bed. Um...how is this bad? I love it and couldn't be MOE pleased.



No comments:
Post a Comment