(Mason is learning how to use the bathroom and is working his way out of diapers. It's not so much a "potty training" approach as much as a gradual introduction to skills without any pressure or scolding. He gets to choose what he wears and when to visit the bathroom. It's going really well. )
Tonight Mason had an accident. We do not usually make a big deal about anything to do with the bathroom, but Mommy lost her cool.
I sat with Mason and tried to calmly but forcefully explain what I would have preferred he do instead and how important it is.
Mason could tell I was serious and that something was wrong. Because he's a sweetheart and saw that I was not happy, he gently patted my arm and said "It's okay, Mama. It's okay".
Perspective regained.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment