"Cut Cut Cut said my old hen,
Cut Cut Cut she said again,
The rooster in the barnyard raised his left hind leg
and said Cock a Doodle Doo! My wife has laid an egg!"
This little rhyme was sung to me every time my mom cut up my food for me. It's a magic song that is always just long enough to get all your food cut up. So of course I sing it every time I help Mason cut his food. And if ever I forget, or if he wants to cut something, he starts singing "Cut Cut Cut..."
I thought this was a well known nursery rhyme, but I can't find it anywhere online. And if it's not online....! I don't think my mom made it up, I guess I'll have to find out.
Speaking of "cutting", Mason and his dad were both due for a good trim. I love shaggier hair, but it's not conducive to comfort in this hot miserable weather. I usually trim Mason's hair with scissors while he's in the tub, but we pulled out the big guns with this one, so Jason took over.
He'd buzz his own hair, and then say "Mason's turn!" and do Mason's. I love this picture! You can see Mason's double delighted reflection in the far mirror.

And here's the result! I'm always surprised what a big difference a little haircut makes. He reminds us a lot of his cousins Casey and Carson now. I can't believe how light it is. Where did my black haired baby go?
Cut Cut Cut she said again,
The rooster in the barnyard raised his left hind leg
and said Cock a Doodle Doo! My wife has laid an egg!"
This little rhyme was sung to me every time my mom cut up my food for me. It's a magic song that is always just long enough to get all your food cut up. So of course I sing it every time I help Mason cut his food. And if ever I forget, or if he wants to cut something, he starts singing "Cut Cut Cut..."
I thought this was a well known nursery rhyme, but I can't find it anywhere online. And if it's not online....! I don't think my mom made it up, I guess I'll have to find out.
Speaking of "cutting", Mason and his dad were both due for a good trim. I love shaggier hair, but it's not conducive to comfort in this hot miserable weather. I usually trim Mason's hair with scissors while he's in the tub, but we pulled out the big guns with this one, so Jason took over.
He'd buzz his own hair, and then say "Mason's turn!" and do Mason's. I love this picture! You can see Mason's double delighted reflection in the far mirror.
And here's the result! I'm always surprised what a big difference a little haircut makes. He reminds us a lot of his cousins Casey and Carson now. I can't believe how light it is. Where did my black haired baby go?




1 comment:
I've never heard that rhyme before. Mason sure looks older with that cut! What a fun way to get a haircut. :)
Post a Comment