This morning I woke up not feeling very good. I heard Mason wake up around 7:30 and he started knocking on his door (now that he's in a toddler bed I close the door so I don't have to worry about him wandering). He stopped knocking and I fell back asleep. I heard him happily playing in his room later so I let myself snooze a bit longer.
Fast forward a couple of hours and I wake up to hear something going on in the kitchen. I jumped out of bed, found he had managed to open his door, and located him in the kitchen. Doing dishes! I expected the house to be in shambles and all manner of dangerous items discovered, but no. He had been a good little boy and was just washing some dishes.
Mason's been in a fun mood, entertaining himself and laughing at himself all day. He's started a darling habit of putting his arm around me when we sit together. When we visited my parents he scolded "Papa!" and made him sit down and eat next to him. When I showed him his PJ shirt glowed in the dark he gave me a million dollar smile.
He makes it so easy to be his mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment