Sunday, May 23, 2010

BitsOfToday

This morning Mason wore a tie to church. He thought I should wear one too and kept trying to tuck one in my shirt.

In Sacrament Meeting he kept patting me and acting really cute. I adore when he gives me a "hug around the neck". He's a very sweet boy.

I subbed in nursery and discovered which beasty girl is teaching him the bad habits. Clutching toys or other objects to his chest while screaming MINE! is not so sweet. At least now I know who to blame.

In nursery we were cleaning up snack. The teacher told the kids to line up by the door when they were ready to go to another room for a lesson. All the kids stood there so darling and well behaved, but only Mason reached out and held Mathew's hand.

Mason woke up from his nap at the usual time. He found me in my room unsuccessfully trying to have a nap. He crawled into bed with me and cuddled and fell back asleep. It was wonderful.

This afternoon while playing with stuffed animals, Mason insistently asked for a dog. I couldn't see it anywhere and told him I didn't know where it was. He signed "car" and ran to the side door. Curious, I opened the door and he ran to the car and started banging on it. I opened the back door and he screamed with delight when, sure enough, there was his dog.

Mason gets frustrated when he can't do something himself. When he comes to me for help he grabs my finger and practically breaks it off as he tries to physically get me to move somewhere to help him. This evening I was trying to help him problem solve without just doing it myself. He wanted something on my dresser that was out of reach. I told him to go get his stool and then he could get it himself. His face lit up, he gave me his million dollar smile, and then he ran out of the room. He came back with his little stool, used it to get the object down, and then clapped and cheered for himself.

Tonight I took the trash can out to the street. When I came back in the house I couldn't find him. I felt a little panicked for a moment until I heard him giggling. I found him in my dark closet, hiding, with four stuffed animals. He thought he was SO funny.

Tonight I put him to bed a little early and gave him a few books to read. I went to my room across the hall. I was so tired and I laid down for a moment. I could hear him reading out loud to himself. Whoops, I zonked out. An hour later I woke up and went to check on him. I've suspected before that he sometimes gets out of bed and plays during his nap time, but he's always back in bed asleep when I check on him. Tonight the evidence was clear. There were toys all over his floor and in the middle of it was Mason! Completely asleep, on his stomach on the floor.

Goodnight buddy. You make life so much fun.

No comments: