Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Dear Doc:

You said to let you know if I had any other questions at Mason's 2 year check up. I know we talked about nutrition and safety and all that, but I'll be honest, I have just a few more questions.

Is it normal that he is so amazing? Does every parent think their kid is the ultimate, best kid in the whole wide world? Is it possible that he and I still have a biophysical bond? Sometimes it still feels like we are the same person. I just know what he needs, he just knows when I need hug. Sometimes I wake up 30 seconds before he does in the night. It's like I can sense it. Also I was wondering how such a little person can make so much noise. From day one he has been LOUD! Do you think he's as talented as I do? It it normal for parents to be so head over heals in love? Is it okay to have such a crazy imagination at his age? I really really believe he sees dragons. Did you hear his laugh? Isn't it the most beautiful sound in the world? Some times he only walks on his heels. Is that okay? It is normal to worry about your kid all the time? I feel like the time traveler that goes into the past and steps on a butterfly and then messes up the rest of existence. I'm trying really hard not to step on any butterflies with Mason. Do you think he'll grow up to be a fire fighter or a doctor? It would be nice to know. It would be nice to know that everything is going to be okay.

Last question. Is there any way to freeze time and keep him this delightful age forever? I miss my little guy already.

No comments: