Here's a quick update on Mason. First off, he's got such a little funny bone. Even a simple look sets him off giggling. Stop short in the hallway and he's rolling with laughter. He still loves to be tickled but I found a new spot right under his chin. He gets especially goofy when he's tired (but not too tired. Too tired is Tantrum Town). Today when putting him down for his one and only nap he dropped his monkey. I picked it up and he dropped it again. Then he almost fell out of my arms with laughter. Did you know that dropping your monkey is really funny stuff? I didn't. Jason is best at getting Mason laughing over the silliest things. Must be a boy thing.
Mason loves water. Take him to the ocean and he crawls right in. Same with the pool or the tub. Yesterday at the beach we practiced going under water without inhaling. He did really well, and was able to do it again today at the pool. He's made huge improvement from the first of the summer when water on his face distressed him. Now tip his face in and he laughs. See above paragraph.
After a few weeks of losing some skills I am glad to say he's picking up new words and signs. He says "maMa" and I think he might mean me. He still says Dadadada for Jason, Hot for food, and Uh-Oh for everything. I tried to tell him you can't throw your food on the floor and then say Uh-Oh like it's a mistake. He just laughed (paragraph 1 again).
He's also signing "Please" in addition to food, milk, more, and folding his arms to pray. I like "Please" a lot more than the desperate "more, more, more" sign. You'd think I starve the kid for how frantically he signs "more food".
Other than that he's your typical amazing one-of-a-kind genius baby. Oh! And he loves his toes. He'll be walking around. Stop. Sit down. Pull up one foot and look closely. Then the other foot. The switch back to the first one. Over and over a dozen times and then move on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I WANT TO MeeT HIM!!!
There for a minute I thought you were talking about me on the interest in toes. Except I'm at an age where I can only bend them to within about 2 1/2 feet of my eyes.
Anyway, he sounds like a delightful boy who should be anxious to come see his grandparents in about 6-7 weeks.
Post a Comment