Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Brought to you by the letter K

I love being a mom. I really do. Today at the grocery store Mason helped me unload the cart. Unfortunately he was throwing stuff on the floor while I was trying to get it on the conveyor belt. Also unfortunately I couldn't stop laughing. Behavior enforced.

I went to make some toast today and the toaster was unplugged. I plugged it in and when I turned it on it started smoking horribly. I found a refrigerator magnet- formerly in the shape of the letter K- melted inside. Only too late did I remember why the toaster was unplugged in the first place. I had Mason on the counter while I was making sandwiches the other day. I unplugged it so he wouldn't get shocked if he put something it in. Well...he put something in it...

I really like these moments because they are silly events that otherwise wouldn't have happened if I hadn't been blessed with my little boy. How can you get annoyed when it's just evidence of how great life is?
We decided it was time that Mason had some responsibilities around the house. He is now officially in charge of getting us up in the morning, reminding us to bless the food before we eat, and throwing away the diapers. Here's proof:

2 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

I love the title of this post.
And I think I know the exact fridge magnets you're talking about - you had number magnets on your fridge at your house that Brianna liked to play with (none permantely damaged though).
That's great you can laugh while he's throwing stuff at the store...I tend to just make threats...

Cute video.

Anonymous said...

Leo just asked me who the kid was in the pan picture. haha. Our little guy is getting so big. Love, (Mason's 3rd parent)
Mamie Bergen