Thursday, August 23, 2012

Teamwork!

4am: Mason is sick, feverish, and singing the song from Wonder Pets.

Mason is so crazy when he is sick. He really panics about runny noses and sore throats. Just like he freaks out about blood and owies. But when he's sick he's also really polite and likes to talk things out. Like we're cuddling on the couch and he moves a bit, and says "I'm just going to put my head over here for a bit, okay Mom?". It was shortly after that when he started singing "What's going to work? Teamwork!" in his sleep.

Mason gets to watch Wonder Pets on Aunt Amy's computer when she's in town. It's a funny little show (okay, I don't really get it. Might help if I ever watched it). Mason loves it. Lately when he needs help he'll yell "Teamwork!" knowing that Eli will come running to help. Even Eli has started saying his version of teamwork.

His temp and cough have faded throughout the day. He felt good enough to go to Aunt Nelly's tennis game and on a little bike ride with his dad this evening. Hopefully tonight is a better night. 


No comments: