Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sandwich please

This morning I got up early with Jason when he went to work but then fell back asleep on the couch. At 6:30 I heard Mason coming up the stairs. He found me and in the sweetest most polite voice (and with dramatic hand gestures) he said, "Mom may I please have a pedut budda and shewly sanwish (this really is how he says it and I adore it) on a small roll? My stomach is very hungry" (patting his belly with wide expressive eyes). How do you say no to that?

Smiling I got up and made his early morning request, thinking that he'd probably he asleep by the time I got back. He was still awake, patiently waiting, looking like that most innocent and darling child in the whole world. He ate his sandwich, the whole thing, in silence. He drank some milk. Then he cuddled up and fell asleep.

It was a darling way to start the day.

No comments: