When signing Mason's permission slip for a school trip to the pumpkin patch, I told him we needed to attach a dollar for a pumpkin, put the form in his backpack and we'd be done. He pulled a dollar out of his wallet and said "here's a dollar". I told him he didn't have to use one of his- that I'd use mine- but he proudly insisted on using his own.
Buddy, you are four years old. Let me cover the tab for at least a few more years.
He loves money, loves to save it, is generous and smart with it. In fact he has offered his money to me before when I remarked on a high price at the store. He has 5 bucks in his wallet from Grandma for working hard and picking up apples in her backyard without being asked to. This past week he handed me an envelope with change in it and casually said he'd like to give it to the bishop. I guess he's not too young for that lesson about tithing after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment