Monday, February 6, 2012

The Book of Mason and other funny sayings

Mason is now in primary. He has been asking me for a week when he gets to have his own scriptures. Yesterday before church I gave him a copy of The Book Of Mormon. He recognized enough letters to think it said "The Book of Mason" and was very excited. I showed him where the front has a few pictures of Christ, Joseph Smith, Nephi, and others. When Jason walked in the room Mason grabbed his scriptures and said "Hey Dad! Want to hear about Joseph Smith?" Suddenly I'm having visions of him as a 19 year old missionary, walking up to strangers and asking them the same question.

***
Mason was playing in one of the kitchen drawers and found a sheet of twist ties. (Side note: when Mason finds twist ties in the produce section of the grocery store he makes them into rings to give to me. I ask him what it means to give someone a ring and he answers "that I love you forever". ) He asked if he could have some and I said "three, since you are three". He replied "When I'm 18 I'm going to have 18 and make a big mess."

***
Mason loves pajamas. When he comes home from preschool he often changes back into jammies before I can stop him. It can be a pain if we're going out and he needs to change back into play clothes. One day I even took his entire drawer out and put it up on my closet shelf just to keep him in his clothes. He has a bunch of hand me down tank tops (okay, wife beaters) that he prefers over any other top. And he has a favorite pair of jammie pants that I have a hard time washing often enough since he's usually wearing them when I'm doing laundry. The other night I was helping Mason get ready for bed and retrieved those special pants out of the dryer. His response? "Daddy couldn't find my special jammies but you found my special jammies because you are a great jammie finder."

***
Mason was sick and having a really hard night. We'd been up several times and I was exhausted. Around 3am he came to my room again and we fell asleep on the floor. I woke up after a few minutes and told him to come crawl into bed with me. He asked "Is Jason up there?" I said yes and he said "Mo-om!" meaning he knows he's not supposed to get in the parent's bed until his dad has gone to work. I told him it would be okay this one time and Mason said "Oh, thank you so very much."

other silly lines:

I don't like monsters, bad guys, or Satan. Satan is a mean guy.

Holy flip! What did I just do?

(when told he can't have any more Otter Pops) But my hands are warm and my mouth is warm and my body is warm. I need something to cool me off. 




No comments: