Wednesday, April 6, 2011

General conference and specific questions

 Last week I explained to Mason that instead of going to church we were going to stay home and watch General Conference.
We get to see the Prophet, said I.
What about Bishop?! he responded with concern.

If only it lasted longer...
I had a few fun activities for him to do. Jason prepared the traditional popcorn and apple slices. Mason lasted about 20 minutes. Then he proceeded to trash the basement. It was a disaster zone. I didn't think he was listening at all but then anytime he heard "Joseph Smith", "Holy Ghost", or other phrases he recognized he would look up from whatever he was doing and say "Hey, that guy said Holy Ghost". Every time the choir sang he'd ask if it was over.

Mason set up his animals to watch Conference.
 We had a chance to talk about heaven on Monday. He was carrying around an old prayer book that I bought because of it's neat appearance. Mason asked what the story was about and I said it was about Jesus.
He flipped through the pages asking in a sing song manner "Jesus, where are you?"
I told him that Jesus is in heaven waiting for him.
"Heaven?"
I explained to him that it's where God and Jesus and Angels are. It's also where his pet Nemo went when he died.
Mason thought about it and then asked in his clear halting voice "Where is heaven at?"
I told him it was up in the clouds and stars.
"Can I go there?"
"Yes, of course. If you are nice and obey then you can go to heaven someday and live with all your family forever."
"And Nate?"
Yes, Mason. Everyone.

No comments: