Sunday, April 24, 2011

eAsTeR 2011

Easter was super fun this year. Mason is getting old enough that he gets into the holiday spirit. He understands when I explain about traditions. He was old enough to do crafts and games. Here are some of the pictures:

He dyed eggs with Jackson and Jordan who came through town on their way to Arizona. It was perfect timing. I forgot to take pictures of Mason's Easter basket. I'm pretty sure I'm the coolest of all the lame mom's. I'm not such a fan of all the candy but still wanted Mason's basket to be fun. He got stickers and a PEZ dispenser. He got bunny shaped crackers, carrot sticks, and granola. He got a few eggs with coins in them since he loves money so much.

The next day we went to the park to meet the Easter Bunny. I purposefully waited until the crazy big public egg hunt was over. I wasn't sure what Mason would think of the Easter Bunny. He slowly walked over and then threw his arms around him and didn't let go. I snapped some pictures... waited... called for Mason... waited... got uncomfortable and detached him. It would have been so darling, except I don't know who is behind the bunny mask and it creeped me out. So now we know Mason really loves the Easter Bunny.

Later on Saturday we went to the Heaton's for an Easter Egg hunt. Lauren helped Mason and you can tell from the corner picture how much he adores her. Mom put money in certain eggs and Mason freaked out about finding cash in his eggs. He loved it. 

On Sunday we talked about what Easter means and how much Jesus loves us. I showed Mason some pictures of Jesus and the tomb. I glazed over the dying part and emphasized that Jesus was resurrected and still lives. Later Mason came up to me and asked with his big blue eyes shining, "Why did Jesus die?" I don't know how to explain that to such a little boy with such a big heart. 
That was totally AWESOME!
I wanted to include these pictures. These are from the park after meeting the Bunny. Mason asked to play on the tall slide. Though we play on slides often this one is pretty steep. He thought it was the best thing ever. Every time he landed he would burst out laughing and would squeal with joy. His delight could not be contained. Who needs Disney Land when you have a slide to play on? He was cracking up all the other parents, who must have thought he'd never been on a slide before. I don't think he closed his mouth the entire time.

No comments: