Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mr. Funny Man

Mason "makes me happy" (said in high Mason voice). He keeps us laughing with his fun little sayings and tricks. He likes to dress really ridiculously and say "I'm ready" and then he looks expectantly at us to see the moment when we notice that he is SO NOT READY. He'll be in boxers only and say he's ready for church. Or he'll put on three pair of pants at once and say he's ready for bed.

Or, like this picture here, he put on my beanie, his over sized Spiderman shirt, basketball shorts, one boot, two Nemo socks, and one monkey slipper and said he was ready to go play outside. It was almost 8pm and it was snowing.



The other day I tried handing him a snack while we were in the car. He shoved his hands out of sight in the side of his carseat and claimed his hands were all gone.

He entertains his parents by going up to people and saying "What's on your shirt?" and then flicking their noses when they look down.

Often he'll do things the wrong way on purpose, wait for the right amount of attention, and then say with a smirk "That's not how it goes!"

Other funny remarks:

  • The big bad wolf blew my house down!
  • I cried and cried and cried (in reference to nursery or preschool. I've checked with his teachers, he doesn't ever cry in class)
  •  GRRRR! Is that voice nice or mean? Good or scary?
  • Don't ever ever ever help me. I do it myself.
  • Are you Nice Mommy? Hi Nice Mommy. Nice Mommy can I have a drink?
  • That tastes yummy or not?
  • I go downstairs or no?
  • Once upon a time I was running, running (several of his made up stories start this way).
  • Watch out for cars! (We say this to each other all the time, especially when we are no where near cars. It's become sort of a "love you, take care" phrase).
  • Mom come play with me! One...Two...Hurry! 
  • We were reading the story of the Pied Piper and the story said "Broken promises lead to broken hearts". Mason quickly pulled up his shirt, pointed to his stomach and said "My heart's not broken!"
And last but not least, when we were in SLC last week Mason had a sleepover with my sister Lisa. Every time she would doze off he would smack her hard. Then he would claim it was because there was a spider on her and that he got it. Over and over and over.

No comments: