This day came about 3 years sooner than we thought. Today was Mason's first day of school. He's going to preschool at Grandma Heaton's old work once a week to get help with his speech. Lucky for us (especially his anxious mom) his teacher is our friend Collette.
I wish I could be a fly on the wall and watch his adventures without being in the way. Today I stayed to watch and see what his days will be like and how he handled the new environment. Mason loved it! They have table time, free play, singing time, snack time, etc all while incorporating the sound of the week and working on each child's individual goals. I love that he'll have a chance to have socialization and structure, all in a educational proactive environment. This certainly isn't a crowd control type of preschool.
When it was time to leave he started crying because he wanted to stay. We can't wait until next week.
| Running late, eating 2nd breakfast while watching the utility truck in the backyard. |
I wish I could be a fly on the wall and watch his adventures without being in the way. Today I stayed to watch and see what his days will be like and how he handled the new environment. Mason loved it! They have table time, free play, singing time, snack time, etc all while incorporating the sound of the week and working on each child's individual goals. I love that he'll have a chance to have socialization and structure, all in a educational proactive environment. This certainly isn't a crowd control type of preschool.
When it was time to leave he started crying because he wanted to stay. We can't wait until next week.



No comments:
Post a Comment