Monday, April 12, 2010

potty talk

Thought I'd share some stories from the bathroom...

TUB: Mason loves the tub. We'll be in the middle of breakfast and he'll ask for a bath. It's the ultimate reward. Getting him out is hard, so I drain all the water and then he gets out better. I think it's cute that he reaches out and tests the water before he gets in. We've been battling getting him to lie down and rinse his hair for a while. Suddenly last week he doesn't mind it at all.

SINK:
Mason is really good about brushing his teeth. He has two toothbrushes so he and I take turns brushing. After all the sweets at Easter, I brushed his teeth for almost ten minutes. Now he let's me brush a lot longer and better than before. He tries so hard to rinse and spit but usually just gets soaked in the process.

SHOWER: This morning I was showering and I could hear my phone ringing (I never answer my phone, just ask my brother Nate). It sounded like it was getting closer and closer. I realized that Mason was bringing my phone to me (helpful little guy). I heard the door open and almost too late I peeked out to see Mason winding up to chuck the phone into the shower. "No! Mason No!" I hollered. He really wanted to give it to me so I said, "Mason, it's for you! It's Grandma!". PHEW~ He walked away talking to the ringing phone. Later, I checked my missed calls and it really was my mom!

TOILET: Mason has a little step-stool and a little kid potty lid that he uses from time to time. He seems interested in the bathroom, but we aren't in any hurry to potty train. The other day we spent an evening sans diaper to see how much control he has. He did really well and is very aware of his body, but I don't think he's developmentally ready yet. But dang that boy is funny. I took him into the bathroom at the first and he went in the toilet. We cheered, said "All Done" and washed up. Later on, when I could tell he was about to go again, we went back in and sat down. He didn't go, but tried to fake me out by making a noise with his mouth and then saying "All Done". He did that a few more times that evening. I'm pretty sure I reinforced the "faking" because it cracked me up every time.

No comments: