Sunday, April 18, 2010

Good Night Sleep Tight

Today is Day Three of the Big Boy Bed.
So far so good. Tonight was the first time he got up and left his room. It was right after I tucked him in. When he saw me coming down the hall he scampered back into his room and back into bed.

Usually I read a dozen books and poll everyone I know for advice whenever I need parenting help. On this move we just did what felt right. I hope the good luck lasts. Our approach is to be very positive, loving, and gentle. We also call it his Elmo bed and act really excited when it's time to head to bed.

He's even taken a nap each day in his new bed! That's better than the crib!
He does get up a lot earlier in the morning, but overall we're pleased. This morning we woke to the pitter patter of feet up and down the hall. Moments later our bedroom door burst open while he hollered MOMMMMMM!

Hopefully all this effort will be worth it and this will help him transition to the bed in Alabama better... we'll see!

1 comment:

chelsea mckell said...

You're brave!

And reading this helps me be more brave. We're past due to start the crib-bed transition. Not looking forward to it. Naming the bed after Elmo is a good idea! Stealing it.