He can be very particular. During a tantrum a few weeks back I tried distracting him with his favorite fridge items: orange juice or applesauce. Neither would pacify and his howling intensified. He continued to act like he wanted them so I walked back to the counter. He carefully got the lid to each container and put them on. The crying stopped. Similarly, a shirt collar too stiff or a sock on crooked really agitates him. This is supposed to be the part where I say how baffled I am at his behavior, but I was The Devil Child and I clearly remember being set off by a pony tail too tight and still get cranky if I can feel any tags on my clothes.Jason has been working a lot lately so their "manly bonding" time is limited. I like to see Mason go up to our wedding picture in the living room and point to Jason and ask "Dad?". He still enjoys mini motorcycle rides on the driveway and Mason also is very good at helping his dad work in the back yard. We go watch Jason play city-league basketball once a week. It's Mason's important job to hold the basketball until we get there. Last night he chirped "Ball. Ball. Ball. Ball. Ball" the entire way. After the game he and his buddy Kyson ran out onto the floor. They met under the basketball hoop and gave each other a big hug. The hug went on and on. Then they started tipping, lost their balance and fell to the floor.
We bought a little table for Mason's room so he would have a place to sit and play, color, get out the playdough, or stack toys. Yesterday, I was getting ready and it got really quiet. Alarmed, I poked my head into his room. I caught him sitting at the table reading and nodding as he looked at each page. That's my boy!Mason loves kids smaller than him, especially little girls. In nursery a few weeks back a little girl kicked him in the face when he was trying to climb up the stairs to the slide. He cried and found something else to do. As we were leaving nursery he spotted her and instead of being scared or mean, he ran after her with arms wide open. He followed her down the hall and finally scored a hug when she stopped at the drinking fountain. He's very "soft" and careful around babies. Mason is pleased to discover they too have eyes and needs reminding not to poke them. It is good for my heart that he has become so affectionate. He'll stop mid-play to give me a hug. He'll hug your legs when you least expect it. He'll always offer up a kiss after a prayer, diaper change, or usually on request. Sometimes he'll randomly walk up to me and stroke my hair, peer into my face and then say "AAAHHHHH" as he cuddles up to me. He still has moments of screaming and frustration, but they are so easy to deal with because of his predominate good nature.



1 comment:
Those are such cute pictures. I am suprised how fast they change. He is such a cutie!
Post a Comment