Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I'm not dead yet

Last week, while cleaning out the fish tank, I was worried I may have hurt the fish. After putting Spazz back in my fears were confirmed. He floated, sideways, for the longest time. We kept finding him in this position and many times warned Mason that his fish wasn't doing well. But day after day that funky little fish just kept swimming. We'd find him "playing dead" until we tapped on the glass or fed him and which time he'd come to. I was starting to think we could capitalize on his strange trick when low and behold today, he didn't snap out of it.

I could tell Mason thought he was supposed to feel bad but he seemed more curious. He wanted to be the one to dump Spazz in the toilet and the one to flush. He also wanted to hold my hand while we sang "I had a little turtle". Glub glub.

Later when Miss D was over she asked if she could feed the fish. We had to tell her the unfortunate news. Mason explained "He ran out of batteries".

No comments: