Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Masonisms

Mason is always asking what time it is, and what that means. For example he'll say what time is it. I say 8 o'clock. What does that mean? Time for breakfast.

The other day we were playing and I asked Mason what time it was.
"It's eighteen thirty seven"
"Oh really? What does that mean?"
"Time to eat Eli!" and he ran over to his brother and started om nom nom'ing on his stomach.

Other common phrases:
  • Oh my goodness!
  • I am so excited!
  • That is so beautiful!
  • Hey, put your seatbelt on! We'll get a ticket!
  • What was THAT all about?
  • Eli is always so funny.
  • You knucklehead.
  • to Jason: I'm telling my mom on you (really really wish he hadn't picked this line up)
I wrote earlier how he told me his teacher commented that he didn't talk very much. Now that phrase has become a joke to him and he'll say "mom, you don't talk very much".

One of the things Mason says all the time is "How can I help?" He loves to be involved in whatever it is we are doing. He helped fold laundry, take out trashes, wash dishes, scrub bathrooms, and has started making noodles and PB&J sandwiches for lunch.

Mason has made huge progress with his manners. He's learned to say it once or the answer is no (for when he repeats the same line fourteen times). He has learned to say it nicely of the answer is no (for when he barks out an order). He has learned that manners get results.

Lately when he really really wants something, he'll phrase it this way:
"I want the answer to be yes, may I have more please?" or "I want the answer to be yes, can I watch a movie in your room?"

No comments: