I've had a handful of little moments lately that have reminded me what life is all about.
I learn so much from Mason. He is simply good for the heart.
Today as we were doing an everyday task, Mason stopped looked up at me and said "Jesus knows me". He went back to what he was doing while I tried to stay composed. I love that he knows that. I wish everyone could have that same pure, simple, and firm knowledge.
I had to go into work for a couple of hours tonight. Usually when Mason sees me with my badge he begs me not to go. It makes me feel like a pretty lousy mom on the few nights I have to take off instead of tucking him in. Tonight he saw me and asked in a very grown up way if I was going to work. I said yes, kissed him goodbye, and went to the car. As I was about to drive away he came running across the front yard. "Wait Mom, I have something to tell you!" He climbed in the passenger seat, gave me a big hug, told me to have a fun time at work, and shouted "love ya!" as he trotted back to the house.
I learn so much from Mason. He is simply good for the heart.
Today as we were doing an everyday task, Mason stopped looked up at me and said "Jesus knows me". He went back to what he was doing while I tried to stay composed. I love that he knows that. I wish everyone could have that same pure, simple, and firm knowledge.
I had to go into work for a couple of hours tonight. Usually when Mason sees me with my badge he begs me not to go. It makes me feel like a pretty lousy mom on the few nights I have to take off instead of tucking him in. Tonight he saw me and asked in a very grown up way if I was going to work. I said yes, kissed him goodbye, and went to the car. As I was about to drive away he came running across the front yard. "Wait Mom, I have something to tell you!" He climbed in the passenger seat, gave me a big hug, told me to have a fun time at work, and shouted "love ya!" as he trotted back to the house.




No comments:
Post a Comment