Shortly after Mason's birthday he kept asking for something, and I couldn't figure out what he was saying. He'd received gifts for his birthday so I thought it must be one of his new toys. Try as I might I just couldn't understand what he was asking for. One evening he came in and asked again. I was holding Eli in the rocker. I said "Mason, I don't know what that is. Can you show me?" He left, discouraged, and I felt bad. A few minutes later he came back in the room, holding a very heavy bag of potatoes. He got very close and said, slowly and loudly, "MOM!. MR. POTATO. HEAD!". He's amazing.
Mason was looking at bugs on the sidewalk. He asked "Mom is this a nice bug or a mean bug?". I replied "I don't know Mason. How can you tell?". He clarified, "Does it bite?"
Mason loveslovesloves to pretend he's a dog. If I call his name he responds, "I'm not Mason, I'm a puppy". As my friend put it, boys can be very naughty boys but very good puppies. We've had to talk about how yes, puppies lick people but that no, it's not okay for Mason to lick anyone. Ever. Mason will sit and stretch his foot up to scratch his ears. That's what puppies do. Lately I can't get Mason to wear shoes (can't blame him). He told me "Mom, puppies don't wear shoes". I replied "Oh yes they do" thinking "Internet, don't let me down". I got on the computer and showed him several pictures of puppies wearing shoes. I win.
Mason was looking at bugs on the sidewalk. He asked "Mom is this a nice bug or a mean bug?". I replied "I don't know Mason. How can you tell?". He clarified, "Does it bite?"
Mason loveslovesloves to pretend he's a dog. If I call his name he responds, "I'm not Mason, I'm a puppy". As my friend put it, boys can be very naughty boys but very good puppies. We've had to talk about how yes, puppies lick people but that no, it's not okay for Mason to lick anyone. Ever. Mason will sit and stretch his foot up to scratch his ears. That's what puppies do. Lately I can't get Mason to wear shoes (can't blame him). He told me "Mom, puppies don't wear shoes". I replied "Oh yes they do" thinking "Internet, don't let me down". I got on the computer and showed him several pictures of puppies wearing shoes. I win.





No comments:
Post a Comment