Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Say AH!

Mason went to the dentist for the first time. I was worried it might be traumatic and let him pick a stuffed animal to bring along. I should have guessed that he would love it. He's a funny kid that seems to enjoy all the extra stimulus. Like when he was a baby and loud noise and extra sensations would put him right to sleep.

He loved the waiting room with all the toys, he loved the huge fish tank, he loved the bear rug on the wall, he loved watching the movie in the ceiling, he loved the earphones, he loved getting his teeth cleaned, and he loved the sprayer and suction hose (even when it kept grabbing his tongue).


After the cleaning the dentist came over to check out his teeth. Mason obediently let him poke and prod. He said everything looks great. When we were done they gave Mason a token for a candy machine full of little toys. He loved it but now he knows what those machines do! I've been trying to avoid him learning that.


They also sent him home with a new toothbrush, flosser, and toothpaste. He has always been pretty good about brushing his teeth and letting us have a turn to help get everything clean. Now he's better than ever and asks to brush his teeth throughout the day. I can also say "Remember the dentist said not too much toothpaste" and he'll obey without a fit.

No comments: