| Where's your baby? Right HERE! |
Thursday, December 30, 2010
Mason's Baby
I almost forgot about "Mason's Baby". I should have written about this a long time ago. About the time that I started showing a baby bump we started talking about the baby a lot to Mason to try to help him get used to the idea. Pretty quickly he decided that he too had a baby in his stomach. Funny, we thought, but probably not that unusual. One night when my baby was really active I got Mason's hands and had him feel the kicks. His response? "Cool Mom. Look Mom! My baby too!" He lifted up his shirt and started sucking in his stomach. We were a bit concerned and just went easy on the baby talk for a while. But Mason's baby didn't stop moving. Mason would come find me at random times, gleefully showing me his moving baby. We didn't want him to feel jealous or left out or anything so we didn't really know how to handle his active imagination.
Fast forward a couple of months and my baby arrived. We all looked at Mason, wondering what would happen to his baby. He didn't mention it for a while and we thought it was over. Well, yesterday he came up to me with a soft baby puppet toy that was mine as a child. In Mason-Speak he told me (with actions) about the baby. It used to be in his stomach and would kick, kick, kick! And then one day, "the baby came home". Then he held the toy close and gave it kisses. So I guess that is Mason's delivery story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment