Wednesday, July 14, 2010

be NICE

We've been trying to teach the principle of being nice. I would be much happier being told my boy is "nice and well mannered", than "sharp and brilliant" or "shockingly handsome". Since he has the handsome, brilliant thing mastered already, it's time to focus all our energy on being nice.

We told him that it's not just good to be nice, but it's something that Jesus has asked us to do. He wants us to be nice. Sometimes we remind Mason by asking "What does Jesus want you to do?" and he'll respond "Be nice".

Yesterday we were in Target and I asked an employee for help. The employee had longer hair and a full beard. After thanking him for his time, I started walking away. Mason yelled to him "Hey Jesus! Be Nice!"

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hilarious! At least something is sinking in, right?