Friday, June 18, 2010

I really think he can see dragons

Mason's friend Tui introduced him to the magical world of dragons. Mason even made up his own word for "dragon" in sign language. His imagination is so amazing, sometimes we spend afternoons tiptoeing around and whispering as we hunt the dragons in the house.

A few days ago Mason ran down the hall to get me. He told me there was a dragon in his room. He dragged me to his room and pointed to the corner cupboard. He was so excited and animated. I told him to go open the cupboard and let it out. He went over and opened the door. The dragon must have spooked him because he yelped and scrambled back to me. He was so scared he was almost in tears and needed to be held for a long time.

Today he asked to draw. I asked him to draw me a dragon. This is what he did. It's so different from his regular doodles. I love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After seeing his face as he wordlessly told us about the dragon hiding behind the couch in the lodge, I'm about ready to attest to their existence. I've never seen a kid this young with such an advanced imagination. Boy, you are in for it. Love from Mamie