Sunday, May 10, 2009

Best Day Ever



Mason's first birthday was Friday and we had such a wonderful day. I love being a mom. I love doing things for my little guy. I wonder where in the world did my little baby go? No more bottle, no more baby food. He's all grown up now. He walks all over the place, knows a few words in sign language, and said his first word! "hot". (I'm going to teach him to say "mama" next and then teach him to call me "hot mama"!) One of my favorite new "tricks" is how he's started to become so affectionate. Yesterday in the store, he looks up at me, says "ooooooh" and grabs my face. We stood there for about a minute. Cheek to cheek, hugging and loving.

Here are more pictures of our day: http://picasaweb.google.com/asherstarr/MasonSFirstBirthday?feat=directlink
I wish everyone could have seen him at the beach...eating the sand...staring down the waves...

ash

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Ashley H said...

He is such a cutie! Time flies especially when you have a baby. His cake was so cute.

Kira said...

Cute pictures! I can't believe how fast he's growing. Glad you're enjoying the beach. It looks like fun!

chelsea mckell said...

Dear Hot Mama:

I'm so happy to have found your blog! Warning: I'm a professional blog stalker. I WILL comment every time you post. If you could increase your posting from 4 times a year to at least 6 or 7, this will be way more fun.
I'm so glad to see more pictures of Mason! The only one I've seen is the one in his bedroom in the Slugger frame. He really is absolutely adorable. Can't wait to meet him.